Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Urban Chocolate Challenge - Piece #1 / Anchors Away

I know, I know; It's been a minute...don't give up on me yet. It's been a trying couple of months for ya girl. Challenging, yet fulfilling and enlightening. So much so, that I have allowed my challenging past couple of months to serve as a springboard for a personal challenge. Crazy, right? I know, but I do crazy, off the wall, out the box, type stuff on a daily.

Speaking of off the wall and out the box, I'll be sharing some great news with you in a couple of weeks. So stay tuned, here? Back to this challenge. I have given myself 30 days to create 30 accessories all inspired by the March issue of any magazine. I originally said the March issue of InStyle, but why limit myself? The only rule is that the inspiration must come from a March 2011 issue and that I must create a total of 30 pieces by the end of the Month. Other than that, no holds barred baby!

Now, allow me to introduce my first creation "Anchors Away," inspired by page 311 of InStyle, which so happens to be a Sperry ad. Absolutely love stripes, have loved them since the beginning of time. And navy or just about any shade of blue is quickly making it's way up my gotta have more of or GHMO list. The nautical look has been around a couple of seasons now, but what better time to sport it than this Spring!

Matter of fact, I sported stripes a couple days ago...see? By the way, if you love the earrings, check out my girl Kelanie Hayes of Very Prissy.
She was one of the vendors at the Indie Crowd Market I hosted last year. Bold earrings should mos def be on your GHMO list.

I do hope you like Day 1's challenge, I love it. I'm in the process of setting up my Etsy store, so this will be there until it sells. I dare not charge more than what I'll pay for it, so this will probably go for $15.00. All I did was add a handmade fabric rosette to a vintage clutch and embellished it with an old sun charm and some smaller trinkets. I included silver and gold, to take the fuss out of what color accessories to rock with it.

Personally, i would wear this with a a simple tank, a mens- inspired blazer and a pair of high-waist, wide-leg pants ( which will be in this spring and summer, also a necessity on the GHMO list) and a red heeled shoe. Without the blazer, it'll look real nice with red flats or red flat sandals. Wish I had time to put together a look so you can get a visual. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not.

That's all for tonight, beautiful people, gotta catch up on some orders. Be sure to check out www.URchocolateboutique.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment