Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Master Cleanse - Lasted 6 Days!!!

Good evening, good people. I know you all have been waiting for me to update my progress on the cleanse. Well, I lasted all of 6 days, 4 days shy of my goal, yet surprisingly fulfilled and pleased with the results. I'm almost certain I could have gone the other 4 days. So what stopped me? I'm so glad you asked.

Remember how I told you that you cannot expel too much energy while on the cleanse. The day of the market, which was Saturday, I just overdid it plus I didn't drink enough of the lemonade. I got in the habit of sipping the lemonade when I felt hungry and I'm guessing the hustle and bustle and excitement of the event just didn't allow time for a pang to sneak in. The crowd wasn't huge but I was set-up between two savvy young ladies, the owners of Very Prissy and X-Quay (Refashion). For over 4 hours, we chatted, laughed, and almost came to tears as we conversed about family, our city, marriage, parents and even dogs. I simply didn't have a moment to think about hunger, because our conversations were so lively and there's not much that compares to having an opportunity to talk to individuals who share the same passion as you.

Left there about close to 8, stopped by Red Box and called it a night. Sunday morning I seriously was not in any mood physically or mentally to drink anymore lemonade. I was just too weak and out of it, so I had to eat ya'll. I told my daughter that if she had been home with me that morning, I probably would have drank it and let her take care of me. But I was home alone and couldn't afford to pass out and not have someone call 911 for me.

I have not started the cleanse again, but I may at the beginning of the year. I've gained maybe 3 pounds back, but I lost enough fat during the cleanse, that the weight gain didn't phase me much. Sunday, I kept it simple and bland. Monday I just showed out and paid for it with a rough night's sleep. Today it's only been fruit, veggies and all-natural or organic foods (kept to a minimum). I don't plan on eating any more turkey; fish, that's going to take some major will-power. I'm praying for a peaceful rest tonight, cause I really, really want to workout in the morning.

So, there you go. Yes, the cleanse was tough, but the benefits were encouraging. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the other benefits. Here's a couple, cause it's time to go to bed.

* Clearer Voice - My singing voice is so much more crisp!
* Family Influence - My daughter has decided to not eat meat...we'll see how long this lasts. In the past five days, she's only eaten one piece of chicken and I can tell she's slimmed down a bit.

Ok, that's enough. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment