Sunday, January 8, 2012

Addicted

I can remember the day I first heard about Old Navy. It was back in the late 90's and I was standing with some friends, one of them pulled out a purple keychain shaped like a shoe...whatever shoe was popular at the time.  She mentioned she picked it up at this store called Old Navy and immediately I conjured up a picture of an army surplus store.  Note to self at that time...Kim, that store sounds lame.

But oh imagine my shock when I walked into Old Navy for the first time.  Fashionable clothes at affordable prices AND it was young, hip and fresh.  But what I absolutely adored the most about Old Navy was their always limitless collection of print tees...one of my first being black and short sleeved, it simply read Brooklyn in white block lettering. I blame this store for my absolute addiction.  I can imagine that I have purchased at least 30 tees from Old Navy alone, but I have owned over 100 maybe in the last 12-13 years.

Every now and then I happen upon one that matches my entire wardrobe, so naturally I end up rockin the mess out of it...case and point the tee below.


I Was Natural Before the Hype was gifted to me by the owner of Natural ADDICTees and her daughter, Ashley.  How do I love this shirt, it'll be my pleasure to count the ways:

1) The wording alone speaks for itself.  I've been on and off natural since 2001, after the birth of my daughter.
2) As mentioned, it goes with practically everything in my closet.  I can dress it up with a pencil skirt and stilettos or caz it down with a boyfriend cardigan (as pictured above)
3) I wear it about 2 times a week (don't judge me) that means I have to wash it often.  It has not faded!
4) It hugs my curves in all the right places.  I can easily say out of all the baby doll fit tees I own or have owned, this has been the best fit so far.

So a big shout out to Sonya, owner of Natural ADDICTees and her line of tees dedicated to us sistas with natural tresses or better yet to sistas like me with natural hair AND an addiction to tees!



 Sonya Burks, Owner 
(Her daughter Ashley pictured above)
Click a link below to connect with Natural ADDICTees
and

Go ahead and like her page and be sure to let her know I sent ya!





No comments:

Post a Comment