Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RE-Vamp!!!

Ya'll know I'm constantly changing and innovating, making moves and leaving people wondering what's next. For some reason I'm settled in the fact that when something in my life is not working, too boring or just not fitting, I re-vamp!!!  This is true in ALL aspects of my being from the spiritual to the physical and even the material.  I'm sure some would see this as a downfall, but honey if you ain't moving, then you are definitely stagnant and stale, two things I just refuse to be.  So allow me to give you a taste of a few re-vamps I'm dwelling in at the moment:

STYLING!!!
 I don't know how in the world I got away from styling...I mean, I'm not too crazy about the long hours and how physically grueling it can be, but it has got to be the most fulfilling aspect of nurturing my career in fashion. Take a look at some of my recent shoots with Audria Arnold Photography and Arekah the Goddess Photography... Oh yeah and a huge, fanatical thanks to Shoenista and Kpresha Boutique for allowing me to pull from their shops to enhance my fashion vision.  Be sure to support these locally owned, indie boutiques.






 DESIGNING!!!
I cannot paint to save my life, but I have always had an eye for colors, lines and shapes.  Here are a few of my newly designed pieces available for sale in my online shop.











This week I'm working on upcyling some unwanted pieces.  Upcycling simply means the process of turning trash into treasure...so stay tuned!


EMPOWERMENT!!!

My friend Asharkii and I finally sat down long enough to discuss our organization for young girls!!!  What we didn't want to do was wait for things to align just right before we got started. We may not have everything in in stone, but as long as we have a place to meet every month and legs, arms and a mouthpiece, then we figured no sense in waiting, we'll just plan as we go.  Our main focus is to encourage young women in grades 7-12 to aspire to be and do more in life...a tough job, I'm sure, but it's got to get done.

We're hosting an informational meet and greet for parents or guardians and for women interested in volunteering their time and talent.  Click HERE to link to the FB event page and we'll share more details soon.


SINGLE PARENTING!!!

I probably ordinarily wouldn't have put an exclamation point behind single parenting, but what the heck.  It is my life right now, right, so I might as well be excited about it.  By far, the toughest undertaking of my complex life is being a single parent. But PRAISE GOD I have a solid support system and Maddie has a father who loves her just as much as I do.  I've recently dwindled down my hours at the shop to be able to spend more time with her and I can't tell you how tough but necessary that decision was.   I never want to be in a place where I devote more time to my career than my child...been there, done that.  God has dealt with me intimately this issue and I've come to the conclusion that I love fashion, but I LOVE family...feel me?  I want to be sure when God sees fit to me send me a husband, that he understands that he and my child come before any passion I have the audacity to pursue.  I've since discovered that Maddie has a knack for writing so I'm sincerely devoted to developing and nurturing that God given gift.


RE-VAMP SALE!!!
I'm celebrating my continual life re-vamps with a sale. Yes, my life change is your gain!!!  Next Wednesday-Friday I'll be opening up shop for a mark-down sale on clothing and accessories I've used in recent photoshoots.  Plus I'll be introducing upcycled pieces and bringing out some pieces from my personal closet that I've never worn or have been gently worn.  I'll post that info soon!

I sincerely thank you all for your continued support of Urban Chocolate.  I promise, I'm just a girl with a sincere desire to make a difference in my circle of influence, forget about changing the world...and when others believe in me enough to share in my story and my struggle, it is revealed to me that I'm not in this thing alone; for that I am truly grateful.

Love Ya!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment