Thursday, June 24, 2010

Budget on a Budget

OK, woke up too late and just not feeling a workout this morning, I'll get it in after work though. But I do have to pay some bills this upcoming week. Ya'll know I'm growing my business without a loan from a bank while working on my own debt, so that means putting my budget on a budget. This for me is simple in some ways, yet tough in so many other.

Easy because:
  • I don't go out a lot, really hardly any.
  • I don't eat out, because my parents, especially my dad, are the best cooks I know.
  • I hardly buy anything new. I have nothing on credit in my house. All my furniture was either given to me by my parents ( as they bought new furniture for their house), from the thrift store, or Craiglist.
  • I shop at the thrift store and Plato's closet for the majority of my daughter's clothes.
  • I shop only sale and clearance for my clothes, plus I'm a stylist so I know how to creatively achieve several looks with one piece. Little secret of mine (Half of Half-look it up)
  • My parents, especially my mom, are my biggest supporters. I don't know how I could do anything I do, especially raise my daughter, without their help.
  • I stay away from WalMart best I can. That store is a trap, yea the prices are great, but unless you're superfocused when grocery shopping you will walk out with several items that are not on your list. For this reason I have come to love Big Lots and Aldi, the prices are better and the customer service is great.

I do have some budget-killers though:

  • I bought a car about two years ago, which I love, but I hate paying a car note. Next time, Ill go a different route.
  • Purses and Shoes-enough said, right? Though I must say I've been doing so much better. I don't switch purses as much as and I've been wearing flats to work now instead of heels.

Lately, every bit of the little disposable income I do have, has gone to growing my business. So I'm very careful about where my money goes. But that's cool cause I'm learning some critical life lessons. Now its off to make out the budget for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment