Friday, June 18, 2010

So I'm supposed to be designing some jewelry tonight for a mini trunk show tomorrow, but this week has been a tad bit overwhelming for me. I've created and recreated like 6 pieces in two days for a photoshoot I styled. I wish I could sell those but I dismantled a lot of my mom's jewelry to create pieces that really flowed with the concept of the shoot. Right now I'm just too freaking tired to even think about a bead or a bauble. The show isn't until 4 so I can still get a good number of pieces finished before then.

I think I'm going to call it a night and begin the day with an early morning walk either downtown or at Shelby Farms. I must say since I've cut off all my hair, yes I cut it all (maybe not all), my workouts have been more frequent and intense. I've even added swimming to the routine. I'll have to post some pics soon. Its amazing the reactions I get when people who are used to my long flowing tracks see me. But ya'll know I will do just about anything to my hair cause I am one of the few who understands that whether long, short, red, black, nappy, straight, curly or even bald, my hair does not define me. For now, I'll keep it short and natural and we'll see where it goes from here.

That's all folks, got a busy weekend including an interview with a local bag designer and another photoshoot for Love Nu Art Magazine of which I am the fashion editor. By the way, our launch party is July 24th at 8 pm at Safari World Tapas Bar in the South Main Arts District. Tickets are $15.00 or 2/$25.00 and that includes a complimentary glass of wine. You'll get a chance to preview the mag and meet our ubertalented staff! The site for the mag will be up soon, so I'll keep you posted.

Love Ya,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment