Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bracelets, Youth and Music!

Good Morning Good People!

I did not post yesterday so I'm gonna try to post twice today. Had a friend to call me the other day to design a denim bracelet for her. I am proud to say the pieces turned out great and I've decided that it will be one of the handcrafted pieces I'll carry in my online store. Thanks Deonna for believing that I could do this.

Saturday!!!! I've got a meeting with Live.Seed, an organization founded by my friend Crystal Johnson that provides a platform for youth to express themselves through spoken word, art, music and drama. We're facilitating some workshops with Peace Jam at the end of next month plus we've got a youth open mic event planned July 9th. For the Peace Jam event, I'm thinking of a workshop entitled Chorus of Hope - a brief study on the choruses of songs that changed the world and how these songs were instrumental in progressing a movement.

After the Live Seed meeting, I get yet another opportunity to share the gift of music at youth choir rehearsal. We haven't had a youth choir at my church in a good minute, so I knew when I was asked to assemble and work with them, it would be a challenge. They weren't great in numbers at the Tuesday night rehearsal, but the few that came, had a heart to serve and sing. I'm excited to present them before the congregation tomorrow.

I'm working on my online store today so I've got to take some inventory pics, but before that I've got to clean this mess of a desk and tidy up my house. Talk to ya'll later.

Love Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment